New Promise Lutheran Church is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America located in St. George, Utah. With the close proximity of Snow Canyon, Zion National Park, and the Grand Canyon, we have constant reminders of the grace of God. Unlike these wonders of creation, over ten thousand years in the making, God’s work at New Promise has been somewhat quicker.
New Promise Lutheran Church began in 1995 with a dozen or so people meeting in the basement of a Baptist church. Today we have about 200 individuals worshipping and serving together in a beautiful building on the west side of St. George.
And yet, we recognize that just as God isn’t finished with these canyons, we too are still in the making. As individuals and as a congregation, God is still at work in us: shaping us for his purposes, and calling us to live confidently in the promise of God’s grace and mercy as we’ve come to know it in Jesus Christ.
We Are Called
God has called the Christians of New Promise to share Christ’s love with the Southern Utah community in the following ways:
- Help people connect with a loving God through forms of worship that are engaging, hopeful, rooted in the treasures of the Christian tradition, and innovative enough to resonate with today’s challenges.
- Nurture relationships with one another through fun activities and meaningful opportunities to connect.
- Promote the spiritual growth of our members, friends, and neighbors by keeping Jesus’ love at the center of everything we do.
- Grow ministries for families at all stages of life, with a focus on young families.
- Be a presence of God’s love in the St. George community by serving those in need, engaging openly with folks from other faith traditions, and sharing our facility generously with those who might benefit from it.